Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My very long hiatus...

Well I have decided to give this blog thing another try.  I have lots of ramblings that go through my head and why not write them all down for your enjoyment, or distaste whichever strikes your fancy. 
 
Little recap on this thing we call life.  I am a mother to two beautiful children who push my buttons daily, but also bring me the greatest joy.  We also have a little rat dog we like to call coco, or a slur of other can not be typed "mommy words".  I am also a wife to one of the best men put on this earth.  Seriously ask around you won't be lied to. 

Lets bring everyone up to speed on what we all look like now


First off the children.  They take up about 75-80% of my day...100% if you count the occasional cleaning up after them I do.  And no, I wouldn't change it for the world. 

When we first had our son I literally was so happy, I would just look at my baby and think about how awesome it was and why had no one really described it the way I was feeling?  Even if they had they wouldn't have come close to encompassing all the wonderfulness (is that a word?) that comes along with being a mom.  They also would have never captured how hard it is either.  Every day I wake up and try, and ALMOST every day I lay down and think about some part of my day where I have failed.  But there are those really, really good days that keep you going.  Or those blog posts where some other mother just gets it and really puts it out there and you sympathize with her and think maybe I'm not the only one.  Maybe I'm not the only one who looses it during piano lessons, or when we are working on math, or for the 1,000 time while telling your 5 year old what sound the letter D makes.  Maybe I'm also not the only one apologizing again for raising my voice when yet again we are late for school drop off.  And I'm being nice when I say "raising my voice" its a little louder than "raising"  it's awaking the dead.  Many times when talking to other moms I try to work out what adults are suppose to act like with their children, but that all goes out the window when my 5 yr old (who is exactly like me) just won't give up.  Eventually, and sometimes she does win, but the small stubborn 5 yr old inside me puts up one heck of a fight!  But I'm working on acting like an adult and just figuring a way to still "win" but not break that spirit of my 5 yr old but come on it's HARD!  I want my kids to grow up confidant, and independent, but also considerate and kind.  I'm not sure I'm the best example but dang it I'm trying!  My daughter hasn't asked me for a while if I would start a yelling jar so I suppose I'm getting somewhere. (and I hate to admit that jar would be for me.)
Contrary to what this picture suggest BOTH of my children are happy, I think

I also don't want all of you thinking our home is a constant battle ground.  Between the moments of temporary control loss there are shinning moments of love and kindness and consideration (on my part too!)  Constantly my kids show me what it is to love unconditionally and also what it is like to be silly.  They make it ok to dance crazy, or sing loud, or just do things for no reason.  As brother and sister my kids get along better than I ever imagined they would.  They are each others best friend no matter if its legos, and hot wheels, or barbies and babies they do it together.  I hear of a lot of other parents who have kids that constantly fight and bicker and it makes me grateful for the wonderful relationship my kids share and I hope it continues. 

Ok second the husband.  This guy is seriously my best friend.  Yes we fight sometimes maybe not like normal people but how we do it works for us.  10 years in marriage and it seems like we are working out all the small kinks and finally just settling into life.
 

Third the dog, she is a dog who occasionally has accidents in the house, chews up small toys or runs as fast as she can when I try to catch her but, she is a really good, sweet, charming little thing and we love her. 
  
I do have to say, and I think of this often, the point we are at in our lives is pretty good right now.  The kids are pretty independent, they are reaching an age where they want to do activities we as adults can really enjoy with them and they are past the cry for no reason stage (fingers crossed).  I'm not saying we don't have the occasional melt down but at least now we can somewhat reason/bribe our way out of it. 

1 comment:

The Carpenter Family said...

I love your new posted!! the picture of you dog is so funny!